Skip to content
A toddler had to be rescued by firefighters after getting stuck inside a washing machine at his home in China.
The two-year-old boy climbed into the spin dryer section of the appliance to retrieve a toy, but then got his legs stuck in a basket.
Firefighters had to be called to the boy’s family home in the eastern city of Nanjing in Jiangsu province.
After discussing how to free the child, they decided to carefully dismantle the device.
First they used a saw and hydraulic pliers to open the washer’s cabinet, and then they used a hacksaw and scissors to break the basket.
After a delicate 30-minute operation, the boy was released uninjured.